Customer profileThe HOMAG Group is the world’s leading provider of integrated solutions for production in the woodworking industry and woodworking shops.
Business challengeDevelopment of a new version of woodWOP, an application developed at Homag for the programming of CNC machines in the woodworking industry. Application features:
- Parametric sketcher including objects such as points, segments, circles, ellipses and b-spline curves. Fillet and chamfer extend this list of sketcher objects.
- Capability to change the Z coordinate of 2D objects (extrusion of contours in 2.5D space).
- Machining macro operations (drilling, grooving, routing, etc.).
- Checking and control methods.
- Import* and Export operations.
Technology solutionDevelopment of woodWOP 6, an application combining:
- A Sketcher based on Open CASCADE Technology
- Homag-CAM Technology.
- Open CASCADE Application Framework for the parametric sketcher and CAM data model.
- Open CASCADE 3D viewer for visualization of the geometry and machining traces.
Business valuewoodWOP 6 was introduced to the market in May 2009.
- woodWOP 6 provides CAD basic functions for the design of machining processes
- woodWOP 6 increases programming security through a 3D view of workpieces, processing and clamping equipment.
- OPEN CASCADE provides the Technology to go further in CAD/CAM functionalities.
- woodWOP 6 marks the beginning of a new era in design tools applied to wood processing